The plus projec+ was established to:
- Be an innovative and inclusive source of operational and/or program funding for organizations serving the Tampa Bay LGBTQ+ community.
- Serve as a central point for the collection of donor funds that will, in turn, be available to the widest-possible range 501(c)(3) organizations in Tampa Bay via an streamlined grant request process.
- Disburse funds via an independent grant-review committee.
- And thus become a significant local source of need-based funding that can focus on filling gaps and meeting unmet needs within the Tampa Bay LGBTQ+ community.
- For donors, The Plus Projec+ is an opportunity to be a philanthropic extension, not a replacement (‘the rising tide lifts all ships…’). The Plus Projec+ funding mission and practices are unlike any other in Tampa Bay. The Plus Project is a funding source for operational needs only. There is currently no fund or organization In Tampa Bay that does what The Plus Projec+ does.
The Plus Projec+ represents an opportunity to strengthen Tampa Bay LGBTQ+ organizations and their leaders, mobilize donors and funders, inspire giving, and actively secure our LGBTQ+ community’s future for generations to come.