What We Do
The Community Foundation of Tampa Bay is a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit that connects people and resources to inspire charitable giving and create a meaningful, lasting impact on our region. We serve Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties.
Our mission is to build a better community through creative philanthropy, vision and leadership.
What We Do
We partner with individuals, families, businesses, nonprofits, community leaders, professional advisors, volunteers and residents to create positive change in our communities. We provide:
- Easy, meaningful tools and personalized service to our donors. Learn more.
- Collaborative leadership to address complex, critical community needs. Learn more.
- Grants, endowment management and activities to support the work of nonprofits. Learn more.
- Founded: 1990
- Grants Awarded in Fiscal Year 2020: $20.3 million
- Grants Awarded since Inception: $250.8 million*
- Assets, Invested for Future Giving: $287.9 million*
- Charitable Funds: 1,200
*As of June 30, 2020
What is a community foundation?
The first community foundation was founded in Cleveland, Ohio in 1914. There are now more than 700 in the country and more than 1,700 around the world. Community foundations are created by and for the communities they serve.
Like other community foundations, the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay is supported by local donors and governed by a board of private citizens with deep roots in our region. We know this community and work closely with local nonprofits to stay on top of emerging issues and potential solutions.