COVID-19 Nonprofit needs request form
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our nonprofit community has been immediate and continues to grow. The Nonprofit Needs Request Form is one new way that the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay is working to help nonprofits in our community.
NONPROFIT NEEDS REQUEST FORM
This is not a competitive grant process. It is an innovative way to share specific needs with us, our fundholders (who granted over $20 million to nonprofits last fiscal year) as well as other philanthropists in the Tampa Bay community.
After completing the simplified Nonprofit Needs Request Form, your needs will be included within a database of requests from our community. If your nonprofit’s request is matched with a donation, we will notify you and transmit funds to address the request as quickly as possible.
To be eligible for funding, a nonprofit must:
- Be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be based in or serving Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando, or Citrus counties
- Exhibit strong management and sound leadership.
Your request for need should address a specific identified and prioritized need and leverage dollars and/or people to make a difference within the community. Generally, requests for need should not be designed to fund:
- Annual appeals, fundraising events, membership contributions, and capital campaigns
- Political campaigns or direct lobbying efforts
- Religious or sectarian purposes
- Medical or scientific research
SUBMIT YOUR NONPROFIT NEEDS REQUEST FORM
1. Login to the online grant portal.
- If you have not applied for a Community Foundation of Tampa Bay grant before, you will need to create an account.
- If your organization already has an account in our portal and you would like to be added as a contact, please contact Jessica Scites, Coordinator, Grants Management and Reporting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Complete the simplified, seven-question Nonprofit Needs Request Form online.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
1. You will be notified by email if you have been selected to receive funding from the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay, one of our fundholders or another philanthropist or foundation.
2. If you receive funding, your grant check will be mailed as quickly as possible after notification.
3. A follow-up report will be due online one year after you receive funding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this a Competitive Grants process?
No. Our intention is to catalog and share needs of nonprofits during this extraordinary time. We will work to connect your need with donations from our own resources, including our Family Foundations and Donor Advised Fundholders, other community philanthropists and local and national foundations and funding sources.
How soon will I know if I have been selected to receive funding?
We plan to notify you within two business days if we match your need with a donation. Grant checks will then be mailed as soon as possible following notification.
Is there a maximum amount that can be requested?
No. Please share a realistic amount that will cover your immediate and most pressing needs so that donors will know how their gift will help.
Am I eligible to submit more than one form?
Yes, but please make sure that each form identifies a single need and be considerate as others are submitting forms as well.
I am an individual who’s been affected by COVID-19. Can I request funding?
No. We cannot make gifts directly to individuals. This resource is available to the community-based nonprofit organizations that are directly supporting local residents and families.
Is there a geographic area of focus for funding?
The Community Foundation of Tampa Bay serves a five-county region, including Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. Though our fundholders may recommend grants to nonprofits anywhere in the country, we will concentrate on making connections in our immediate region during this crisis.