Now that the devastating storm has passed, our communities and our neighbors to the south face the long task of recovery. The Community Foundation Tampa Bay, our fundholders and partners are dedicated to helping locally and across the state.
Community Foundation Tampa Bay is:
- Expanding our Critical Needs List criteria to include support for local recovery efforts related to the impact of Hurricane Ian. Local nonprofits may submit Ian-related needs to the list through November. The list is shared with our fundholders, other funders and the public.
- Activating the Tampa Bay Rapid Response Fund.
- Committing to a matching program in support of the Critical Needs List. When our fundholders choose to contribute to one of the recovery requests on the Critical Needs List, the Foundation will enhance the gift with a 1-to-3 match.
- Joining with the Florida Philanthropic Network, Community Foundations of Florida members and other funders from around the state to assess the best ways to collaboratively support long-term relief and recovery efforts in Southwest Florida.
If you want to help beyond Tampa Bay
Our partner Community Foundations in some of the hardest hit areas of Southwest and Central Florida have established relief funds for their areas:
- The Southwest Florida Community Foundation (Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee counties) — SWFL Emergency Relief Fund
- The Collier Community Foundation (Collier County) — The Collier Comes Together Hurricane Relief Fund
- Charlotte Community Foundation (Charlotte County) — Charlotte County Disaster Relief Fund
- The Community Foundation of Sarasota County (Sarasota, Manatee, DeSoto and Charlotte counties) — Suncoast Disaster Recovery Fund
- Manatee Community Foundation (Manatee County) – MCF Disaster Relief Fund
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation (based in Venice) — Gulf Coast Disaster Relief Fund
- Givewell Foundation (Polk, Hardee, and Highlands counties) — United Community Relief Fund
- Central Florida Foundation (Central Florida, including the Orlando area) — Central Florida Disaster Recovery Focus Fund
Florida Disaster Fund
World Central Kitchen
If you need help
Local Community Resources for Individual Aid:
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay or dial 2-1-1
- Red Cross of Central Florida
- Tampa Bay Thrives Let’s Talk Helpline or dial 844-YOU-OKAY