Marlene Spalten joined the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay as its President and CEO in October 2012. With an objective of significantly increasing philanthropy in the region, she was listed on Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “25 People to Watch in 2013”. Since its inception in 1990, CFTB has distributed more than $210 million in grants while building assets to more than $250 million through community leadership, philanthropic services, and creative grantmaking. Marlene serves on the boards of the Florida Philanthropic Network, the Florida College Access Network, and Community Foundations of Florida. She is a peer reviewer for the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations Accreditation Program.
Kory Burkley joined the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay in 2017. He previously was Director of Finance for IMA World Health and a Senior Financial Analyst for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. Kory has a BS in Finance from Creighton University and an MBA from the University of Denver.
Contact Kory by email or at 813.609.4854
Sheila joined the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay in 2019 and is responsible for connecting donors to philanthropic causes they care about, facilitating legacy and planned gifts and establishing charitable funds. She also works closely with professional advisors and facilitates complex charitable gifts. Sheila has worked within the community foundation industry for more than 10 years, including as Senior Vice President for Philanthropic Giving with the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties and Chief Advancement Officer at the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines.
Sheila earned her Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy designation in 2013. She is a board member and peer reviewer for the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations Accreditation Program. She is a graduate of the University of Northern Iowa with a BA in communications and public relations.
Contact Sheila by email or at 813.609.4857
Jesse was previously the Vice President of Strategic Impact at St. Petersburg College. He is a former Chair of the Florida College System’s Council of Instructional Affairs (CIA) and a former President of the Florida Association for Institutional Research (FAIR). His involvement in the community includes serving as the Chair of the Seminole Educational Ecosystem and a member of the Leadership Council for LEAP Tampa Bay. He holds a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with an Emphasis in Measurement and Evaluation from the University of South Florida. A recognized influencer in his field, his work has been published, and he has presented papers and presentations at more than 75 conferences.
Contact Jesse by email or at 813.609.4867
Wilma Norton joined the Community Foundation in 2014. She was a journalist at the St. Petersburg Times (now the Tampa Bay Times) for more than 20 years. Most recently, she was assistant director of public information at St. Petersburg College. Wilma has a BA in journalism and in political science from Western Kentucky University and an MBA from Florida International University.
Contact Wilma by email or at 813.609.4858
- Denyve Boyle, Director, Philanthropy, firstname.lastname@example.org (813) 609-4868
- Caroline Coetzee, Receptionist, email@example.com (813) 282-1975
- Larry Cramer, Director, Marketing and Information Services, firstname.lastname@example.org (813) 609-4861
- Becky Gilmore, Program Coordinator, LEAP Tampa Bay College Access Network, email@example.com (813) 609-4866
- Jay Josephs, Executive Assistant/Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org (813) 609-4863
- Jessica Scites, Coordinator, Grants Management and Reporting, email@example.com (813) 609-4865
- Berkely Spain, Controller, firstname.lastname@example.org (813) 774-3972
- Patti Strippoli, Development Coordinator, email@example.com (813) 609-4862
- Lori Stubbs, Senior Accountant, firstname.lastname@example.org (813) 609-4859
- Chuck Tiernan, Senior Director, Community Impact and LEAP Tampa Bay College Access Network,
email@example.com (813) 609-4856