As we approach the end of the year, we would like to share some helpful reminders to make giving easy:
Our Expert Staff is here to Advise you on Community Needs:
- Whether you want to make short-term plans or are considering a long-term strategy, our team can share knowledge about our local nonprofits and the needs in our community.
- To schedule a meeting or phone call, contact Nicolette Silva, Director of Donor Relations, at email@example.com or 813-609-4855.
Timing of Contributions to Existing Funds:
- Checks: Postmarked on or before December 31, 2020.
- Wire Transfer (cash): Instruct your financial institution to wire your contribution on or before December 31, 2020. Please also check on deadlines set by your financial institution.
- FEDEX or UPS deliveries: Received in hand by staff on or before December 31, 2020.
- Online Donation: Midnight EST, December 27, 2020.
- Stock: Check with your financial institutions for their deadlines. The majority of stock transfers take 3-5 business days.
Timing of Grant Recommendations from Donor Advised Funds:
- Thanksgiving: To ensure the organization receives the check by Thanksgiving Day, please submit grant recommendations by November 17th at 4:00 p.m.
- End of year: To ensure that an organization receives a grant by the end of the year, please submit grant recommendations by 12:00 p.m. on December 21st.
Opportunities for Giving:
- Consider making an end-of-year gift to your charitable fund to obtain immediate tax benefits while supporting your favorite causes throughout the year.
- Discuss with your trusted advisor(s) whether a gift of appreciated stock is appropriate for your end-of-year plan.
- Although IRA owners are not required to make Required Minimum Distributions in 2020, individuals 70 ½ and older can still reap the benefits of making a Qualified Charitable Distribution to one of our nonprofit endowments.
Remember, we are just a phone call or e-mail away, and we are here to help!