“The Humane Society of Tampa Bay saves the lives of over 10,000 homeless pets each year. Our affordable hospital treats over 46,000 dogs and cats each year which helps owners keep their pets. Our organization not only helps our four legged friends, but also helps people who love their pets.” – Sherry L. Silk, Chief Executive Officer
The Humane Society of Tampa Bay, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, provides shelter for homeless & at risk animals, adoptions, hospital and TNVR services for the general public; operates independently from the Humane Society of the United States.
Mission: The Humane Society of Tampa Bay is dedicated to ending animal homelessness and providing care and comfort for companion animals in need.
Vision: Leading the Way Because Every Life Counts.™
Core Values: Compassion – Compassion and respect for all, each other and animals. / Commitment – Commitment to lead the way in animal welfare. / Community – Serving the community with optimism and integrity.
- 10,219 animals saved
- 93% save rate
- 45,928 pets seen at the animal hospital
- 2,685 free pet vaccinations given in disadvantaged neighborhoods at shot clinics
- 287,608 pounds of free pet food given away to keep pet’s in homes through our pet assistance programs
- We were one of the only animal welfare organizations that remained open in the Tampa Bay area throughout the entirety of COVID-19. People were even driving 1-2 hours to come to our facility to surrender, adopt, or drop off a stray. We experienced an influx of animals due to people surrendering their pets as a result of losing their jobs and other animals closing and no longer accepting strays or surrendered animals. We gave out 5,655 of free pet food in just a few months in an effort to keep pets in homes.
- We accept animals that would likely be euthanized at another shelter due to the nature of their illnesses/conditions. We are able to do this since we have dedicated isolation areas for cats and dogs as well as puppy/kitten nurseries for mothers and their underage litters.
- We adopt an average of 200 animals per week.
- In addition to having an affordable animal hospital we provide financial assistance to owners facing hardship who need veterinary care/surgery for their pet.