Timing of Contribution to Existing Funds
- Checks: Postmarked on or before December 31, 2020.
- Wire Transfer (cash): Instruct your financial institution to wire your contribution on or before December 31, 2020. Please also check on deadlines set by your financial institution.
- FEDEX or UPS deliveries: Received in hand by staff by noon on or before December 31, 2020.
- Online Donation: Midnight EST, December 27, 2020.
- Stock: Check with your financial institutions for their deadlines. The majority of stock transfers take 3-5 business days.
Timing of Grant Recommendations from Donor Advised Funds for EOY
- End of year: To ensure that an organization receives a grant by the end of the year, please submit grant recommendations by 12:00 p.m. on December 21st.
Opportunities for Giving
- Consider making an end-of-year gift to your charitable fund to obtain immediate tax benefits while supporting your favorite causes throughout the year.
- Discuss with your trusted advisor(s) whether a gift of appreciated stock is appropriate for your end-of-year plan.
Although IRA owners are not required to make Required Minimum Distributions in 2020, individuals 70 ½ and older can still reap the benefits of making a Qualified Charitable Distribution to one of our nonprofit endowments.