HILLSBOUROUGH COUNTY NONPROFIT SAFETY NET PROGRAM PHASE 2
NOTE: Hillsborough County’s Nonprofit Safety Net Program – Phase 2 ends on Wednesday, November 25. To be eligible to receive funding, completed applications from nonprofits must be submitted by 5:00 PM on that day.
Hillsborough County has partnered with the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay to launch Phase 2 of its Nonprofit Safety Net program that assists Hillsborough County nonprofit agencies affected by COVID-19. Financial assistance is available for facility, operational, and working capital costs.
The purpose of the Nonprofit Safety Net Program – Phase 2 is to provide financial support to nonprofit agencies physically located in Hillsborough County that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and that are actively providing critical services to citizens of Hillsborough County, City of Tampa, Plant City or Temple Terrace that are impacted by COVID-19.
Such eligible nonprofit agencies and services defined further below, are intended to address the health and safety of citizens impacted by COVID-19 to include vulnerable populations. The Program will provide financial awards to such nonprofit agencies to help them respond to existing and emerging needs resulting from COVID-19 impacts and losses associated with the disruption of their operations, COVID-19 related mandates, and increased COVID-19 safety and health standards to help them continue their critical work in our communities.
Nonprofit financial awards can only be used to cover COVID-19 response expenses that have been, or will be incurred during the period of March 1, 2020 – December 30, 2020.
Approved agencies will receive, a one-time financial assistance award based on the following revenue thresholds as reported on its most recently filed IRS Form 990 for 2019 (or 2018) or an independently audited financial statement.
- Level I – Revenues from $100,000 up to $500,000 shall be awarded $15,000
- Level II – Revenues from $500,001 and above shall be awarded $30,000
Note that the County has launched multiple nonprofit financial assistance programs for which your nonprofit may be eligible. If your organization has been approved for an award under the Nonprofit Safety Net Program or the R3 Nonprofit Day Care Facility program, you are not eligible for this program. Please be aware there is a $250,000 maximum benefit per applicant.
- Agency must be a nonprofit physically located within Hillsborough County, including City of Tampa, Plant City, and Temple Terrace.
- Agency must be providing essential safety net services to Hillsborough County residents such as: housing, homeless assistance, mental and physical health, dependency, food, employment related services, household/financial counseling, and services related to vulnerable populations impacted by COVID-19.
- Agency must have reported have reported annual revenues of at least $100,000 on its most recently filed IRS Form 990 (line 12) or if not available, an independently audited financial statement.
- Agency must be active, open and operating (in-person or virtually).
- Agency must be legally registered, fully licensed as a nonprofit (as required by applicable law), and up to date on tax payments/filings to include a valid IRS Form 990 for 2019 (or 2018), of if not available an independent audited financial statement.
- All agencies receiving an award under the Program must be located within Hillsborough County, and must demonstrate that they were adversely impacted due to the COVID-19 Pandemic in one of the following manners:
- Suffered demonstrable economic injury
- Forced to increase/decrease services or labor
- Modified its facility or facilities and/or operations to comply
- Complied with safety and health standards
Agencies that applied for and received funding under Phase 1 of the Nonprofit Safety Net Program and/or the Nonprofit Child Care Operator Program are ineligible to receive an award under Phase 2 of this Program.