FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HILLSBOUROUGH COUNTY NONPROFIT SAFETY NET PROGRAM PHASE 2
Hillsborough County has partnered with the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay to launch Phase 2 of its Nonprofit Safety Net program that assists Hillsborough County nonprofit agencies affected by COVID-19. Financial assistance is available for facility, operational, and working capital costs.
The purpose of the Nonprofit Safety Net Program – Phase 2 is to provide financial support to nonprofit agencies physically located in Hillsborough County that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and that are actively providing critical services to citizens of Hillsborough County, City of Tampa, Plant City or Temple Terrace that are impacted by COVID-19.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Nonprofit Safety Net Assistance program?
- Agency must be a nonprofit physically located within Hillsborough County, including City of Tampa, Plant City, and Temple Terrace.
- Agency must be providing essential safety net services to Hillsborough County residents such as: housing, homeless assistance, mental and physical health, dependency, food, employment related services, household/financial counseling, and services related to vulnerable populations impacted by COVID-19.
- Agency must have reported have reported annual revenues of at least $100,000 on its most recently filed IRS Form 990 (line 12) or if not available, an independently audited financial statement.
- Agency must be active, open and operating (in-person or virtually).
- Agency must be legally registered, fully licensed as a nonprofit (as required by applicable law), and up to date on tax payments/filings to include a valid IRS Form 990 for 2019 (or 2018), of if not available an independent audited financial statement.
- All agencies receiving an award under the Program must be physically located within Hillsborough County, and must demonstrate that they were adversely impacted due to the COVID-19 Pandemic in one of the following manners:
- Suffered demonstrable economic injury
- Forced to increase/decrease services or labor
- Modified its facility or facilities and/or operations to comply
- Complied with safety and health standards
What documents do I need to apply for assistance?
- Copy of completed and signed W9 Form
- Copy of a valid IRS Form 990 for 2019 (or 2018), of if not available an independent audited financial statement.
How do I apply for assistance?
You can apply online through the Nonprofit Safety Net Program application portal. If you are experiencing problems when applying, you may contact the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay at (813) 609-4865.
If I have received assistance from Hillsborough County in the past, can I still apply?
If you applied for and were awarded funding during Phase I of the Nonprofit Safety Net program and/or the Nonprofit Day Care Facility Assistance program, you are ineligible to receive an award under Phase II of this program.
If you’ve received or applied for any R3 Assistance, your funding through the R3 programs will not exceed a total of $250,000 per applicant.
What does the assistance pay for?
The funds are for facility, operational, and working capital expenses incurred due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
What is the deadline to apply?
Assistance is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and while funding remains available. It is recommended you complete your application all at once to ensure your application is submitted before all of the funding is awarded.
Am I eligible if I meet some, but not all, of the eligibility requirements?
No. You must meet ALL eligibility requirements to be eligible.
How much will I get if I am approved for assistance?
Once your application is accepted and your agency is determined eligible, qualified agencies will receive a one-time award as follows:
- Level I – Revenues from $100,000 up to $500,000 shall be awarded $15,000
- Level II – Revenues from $500,001 and above shall be awarded $30,000
Revenue thresholds are based on the most recently filed IRS Form 990 for 2019 (or 2018) or an independently audited financial statement.
If I am approved for assistance, how long will it take to receive my money?
Every request is unique and processing eligibility and payment time will vary. However, it is anticipated that payments will be made within two weeks of your application being approved.
Will I need to provide any documentation once funds are received?
No, but agencies are encouraged to keep records of their expenditures for audit purposes.
Any funding awarded under this program must be fully expensed by December 30, 2020
If my organization does not operate as a nonprofit, is there other assistance available?
For-profit businesses economically damaged by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic may be eligible under the Kickstart Small Business financial assistance program.